Lead by listening, understanding, communicating
and working alongside our team.
All relationships are built on respect. Respect of co-workers, customers and strategic partners.
Martin B. Hellwig
I like everything about my role at Trans-Border and working with so many talented people from so many diverse families and cultures. Our +20 years in business is proof that we do have the best employees in the industry. I’m very proud and honored to be part of such an incredible group.
- Years in Industry: 29 years
- Industry Focus: Global Sales & Business Development
- Random Fact: I was once locked in a dryer for two hours.
- Phobia: Flying
- Favorite Food: Italian
- Favorite Movie: Jaws
Jeffrey M. Millens
Chief Operating Officer
I never knew what I was going to do when I grew up (some people say I still haven’t!), but I found a career that allows me to utilize multiple skill sets (multi-tasking, time management, creativity and much more) and work with some of the smartest, hardworking and dedicated people that I have ever met. Bottom Line – I feel lucky and privileged to be at Trans-Border and spread the freight MOJO… bam – bam – bam !!
My enjoyment in working with customers is that we have the ability at Trans-Border to offer real value that helps them be more profitable. What’s that mean? That means we allow our customers to focus on their core business and we offer the highest level of professional guidance and service in regard to freight & compliance. On a personal level, I greatly enjoy the friendships I have made with many customers. They are great people with whom we have the privilege to be working with. One last thing – it is really interesting to hear the history of how all of these businesses started – some in basements, some in garages, but all with energy, creativity and the great American spirit!
- Years in Industry: 23 years
- Industry Focus: Sales, Operations and Marketing
- Random Fact: At a bar I never get fruit in my vodka as lemons & limes are the dirtiest thing in the bar!
- Phobia: Way too many to count – it’s exhausting….
- Favorite Food: Only 1, no way! – Filet Mignon/chicken parm/Calamari Steak (Joey’s in Syracuse)
- Favorite Movie: Grandma’s Boy / Gladiator / Saturday Night Fever
Joshua A. Spiegel
Chief Financial Officer
One of my favorite aspects of Trans-Border is working with our many overseas partners and dealing with so many different cultures, all in the same industry. I often get to travel to their locations all over the world as well as welcome them here to the U.S.
I also enjoy helping customers build and succeed at their business. We are truly an extension of their company and when they do well, we do well!
- Years in Industry: 27 years
- Industry Focus: U.S. Customs, Agent Relations and Finance
- Random Fact: I have been cage diving with great white sharks off the coast of South Africa
- Phobia: See above!
- Favorite Food: Italian or a nice thick, juicy rib-eye
- Favorite Movie: Dumb and Dumber